It struck me recently as we experience our new “normal” with the advent of COVID-19 how, actually, we ae always in transition or experiencing times of change. Let me remind you:
- Spiritually we are being transformed by the renewing of our minds.
- Physically we are being transformed as we grow and develop from childhood to old age.
- Emotionally we experience some form of ups and downs.
- Relationally we observe others changing around us which causes us to adapt.
Add to those other changes like situational change, occupational change, cultural change, economic change, governmental change…Do I need to go further? Even those institutions that we rely on for some sense of stability are transforming:
- Family: children grow up and move out
- Church: historical and local change